title:Successful Commercial Sites
Do you make your website just to entertain yourself or do you want it to be a great web store? The fact is more than 80% of websites are trying to sell you something. There is nothing wrong if you want to get some money from the website you made, but remember to put some REALLY interesting information on your pages. This information must be free, unique and necessary to as many people as possible.
Remember, Internet was built as a research network among universities in early 80's and only after the introduction of first graphic compatible browsers it exploded with the commercial websites. Search engine will definitely rank you higher for that free content and other webmasters will definitely create links to your website if it has useful and interesting information. The ratio should be 90% of free information and 10% of commercial content. You can only increase the percentage of free information.
There are also other reasons why to provide people with free information in the field you are making money: they will study, they will see that you know what you are talking about, and they will trust you! Excellent reputation is the main thing (the key to success) in doing Internet business. It must be built by years of hard work and could be destroyed in minutes.
What are the secrets of some commercial websites?
1) Content. As I have already said: free, unique and interesting.
2) Good design (website design must be clean and user-friendly, unprofessional design speaks for itself)
3) Search engine-friendly (Search engine optimization is complex set of knowledge on how to be number one in search engine listings)
4) Link building strategies ( for more information read this article: "The art of link exchange" http://www.metamorphozis.com/tutorials/the_art_of_link_exchange.shtml)
5) Company branding. (for more information read this article: "Make your own brand!" http://www.metamorphozis.com/tutorials/make_your_own_brand.shtml)
6) Excellent customer care and support (remember those notes 24 hours 7 days a week? This must be really true for a good commercial website)
7) Wise goods selection (You may think that people selling everything on the Internet but that is not quite true. There are some things that stores do not offer via the Internet and you need to find those things and offer them. Be a pioneer!)
These are the major factors that play role in building successful commercial websites. However, you need to search, study and select your own ways to online success. Remember, Internet is a very flexible and constantly changing environment; things that worked well several months ago may be completely useless in the present. Search and try! That is my main advice to succeed in online business.
Thanks for reading.
Article source: http://www.metamorphozis.com/tutorials/commercial_sites.shtml